Brazil Business Directory & List of Companies
Brazil is a country in South America, bordered by Colombia, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela, Argentina, and Bolivia.
Join the Brazil business directory on Bizpages - add your company and start the promotion of your firm on the Internet. Our experts have developed tools to promote your services and products online. You can start tracking your online reputation and managing customer reviews. Also, you can launch a long-term SEO campaign for search engine optimization and site promotion. Make your website a source of clients and money.
ADD BUSINESS NOW
see all benefits from listing
Area: 8 514 215 km², of which 8 456 510 km² is land and 55 455 km² is water. The Federative Republic of Brazil occupies 5.7% of the total land area of the world. Brazil is the fifth largest country in the world (after Russia, Canada, China and the United States of America).
Population: 209.5 million (2018) The latest population census showed that the population of Brazil is composed of 93 million white people, 80 million 'pardos',
11.7 million black people and 1.3 million "amarelos" and Indians.
Portuguese is the official language of Brazil. It is spoken by almost the entire population of the country (191 million in 2009), with the exception of only a few Indians from non-contact tribes. It is the only language used in government offices, most schools, newspapers, radio and television.
Brazil is the largest Portuguese-speaking country in the world and the only one in America.
Features: the country has access to the sea.
Capital: Brasilia, 2.6 million (2010)
Five largest Brazilian cities
Economy. GDP volume: 1 840 billion USD (2019). GDP annual growth rate: 11.4% (Q2/20), GDP per capita: USD 11 122 (2019), GDP per capita in PPP: USD 14 652 (2019)
Inflation rate for the year 2.44% (Aug 2020). Salary 2 500 BRL/month | 470 USD/month (Jun 2020). Unemployment rate: 13.3% (Jun 2020)
- Sao Paulo (11.3 million)
- Rio de Janeiro (6.3 million)
- Salvador (2.7 million)
- Belo Horizonte (2.4 million)
- Fortaleza (2.4 million)
According to the World Bank's "Doing Business" rating, Brazil is ranked 124th out of 190 countries. Currency - Brazilian real.
Major industries: Brazil has the second largest manufacturing sector in America. Industries in Brazil, accounting for 28.5 percent of GDP, are represented by manufacturers of automobiles, steel and petrochemicals, computers, aircraft and durable goods.
Exports 182.31 billion USD (Oct 2019)
Exports structure from Brazil in 2019 represented by the following main commodity groups:
Imports 170.25 USD billion (Oct 2019).
- 13.4% (30 billion USD): Mineral fuels, oil and products of their distillation; bituminous substances; mineral waxes
- 11.7% (26 billion USD): Oilseeds and fruits; other seeds, fruits and grains; medicinal plants and plants for technical purposes; straw and fodder
- 11.4% (25 billion USD): Ores, slag and ash
- 6.79% (15.3 billion USD): Meat and edible meat offal
- 5.56% (12.5 billion USD): Nuclear reactors, boilers, equipment and mechanical devices; their parts
- 4.86% (10.9 billion USD): Ferrous metals
- 4.08% (9.21 billion USD): Ground vehicles, other than railway or tram rolling stock, and parts and accessories thereof
- 3.45% (7.78 billion USD): Cereals
- 3.31% (7.47 billion USD): Pulp of wood or other fibrous cellulosic materials; recyclable paper or cardboard (waste paper and waste)
- 2.8% (6.32 billion USD): Residues and waste from the food industry; ready-made animal feed
Imports structure to Brazil in 2019 was represented by the following main commodity groups:
13.5% (23 billion USD): Mineral fuels, oil and products of their distillation; bituminous substances; mineral waxes
- 12.3% (21 billion USD): Electrical machinery and equipment, their parts; sound recording and reproducing equipment, equipment for recording and reproducing television images and sound, their parts and accessories
- 12% (21 billion USD): Nuclear reactors, boilers, equipment and mechanical devices; their parts
- 6.9% (12.2 billion USD): Ground transportation vehicles, other than railway or tram rolling stock, and parts and accessories thereof
- 6.18% (10.9 billion USD): Organic chemicals
- 5.15% (9.14 billion USD): Fertilizers
- 4.18% (7.42 billion USD): Plastics and articles thereof
- 4.1% (7.27 billion USD): Pharmaceutical products
- 3.04% (5.4 billion USD): Optical, photographic, cinematographic, measuring, control, precision, medical or surgical instruments and apparatus; parts and accessories
- 3.02% (5.37 billion USD): Other chemical products
5 largest companies in Brazil
- Itaú Unibanco (banking)
- Banco Bradesco (banking)
- Banco do Brasil (banking)
- Vale S. A. (mining)
- Petrobras (oil and gas)
The largest banks in Brazil
- Banco do Brasil: The largest bank in the country by assets, founded in 1808. 54% of the shares are owned by the Brazilian government.
- Itaú Unibanco - Brazilian banking company
- Banco Bradesco is a banking group that includes the most profitable banks in Brazil.