Suriname Business Directory & List of Companies
List your business located in Suriname to this business directory to start promoting it on the Internet. Display services and goods online, improve online reputation and client reviews/testimonials and motivate customers to leave reviews or video testimonials.
ADD YOUR BUSINESS NOW
see all listing advantages
1. Brief Overview of Suriname
Suriname, located on the northeastern coast of South America, is a country known for its lush rainforests, diverse culture, and stunning rivers. Covering a total area of approximately 163,820 square kilometers, it is home to a population of around 600,000 people.
2. Districts in Suriname
Suriname is divided into ten districts, each with its unique characteristics. Here are the districts, their capitals, and approximate populations:
- Paramaribo: Capital - Paramaribo, Population - Approximately 250,000
- Nickerie: Capital - Nieuw Nickerie, Population - Approximately 35,000
- Commewijne: Capital - Nieuw Amsterdam, Population - Approximately 31,000
- Wanica: Capital - Lelydorp, Population - Approximately 100,000
- Sipaliwini: Capital - Atjoni, Population - Approximately 38,000
3. Top Cities in Suriname
Suriname's urban centers are essential hubs of culture and commerce. Here are five of the most populous cities:
- Paramaribo: Population - Approximately 250,000
- Nieuw Nickerie: Population - Approximately 35,000
- Lelydorp: Population - Approximately 17,000
- Moengo: Population - Approximately 10,000
- Albina: Population - Approximately 6,000
4. Economy of Suriname
Suriname's economy is diverse, with key sectors including mining, agriculture, and services. Important economic indicators include:
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP): Approximately 3 billion USD
- GDP Growth Rate: Variable due to its reliance on specific industries
- GDP Per Capita: Approximately 5,000 USD
- Exports: Mainly gold, alumina, and oil
- Imports: Machinery, food products, and consumer goods
5. Top Companies in Suriname
Suriname is home to several significant companies that contribute to its economy. These companies operate in various sectors, including mining, manufacturing, and telecommunications. While they may not have official websites, they are integral to the local economy.
Some of the noteworthy companies include:
Suriname Aluminum Company (Suralco): Suralco is involved in bauxite mining and alumina production, contributing to Suriname's mining sector.
Staatsolie Maatschappij Suriname N.V.: Staatsolie is a state-owned oil company responsible for oil exploration, production, and refining in Suriname.
Newmont Suriname: Newmont is a leading gold mining company, playing a significant role in the extraction and export of gold.
TelEm Group Suriname: TelEm Group provides telecommunications services to residents and businesses, supporting communication infrastructure.
Assuria: Assuria is a prominent insurance company in Suriname, offering a wide range of insurance products.
6. Top Banks in Suriname
Suriname's banking sector comprises several financial institutions serving the banking needs of the local population. These banks offer essential banking services but may not have official websites. Some of the prominent banks include:
Republic Bank (Suriname) Limited: Republic Bank is a well-established bank in Suriname, offering a wide range of banking and financial services.
Hakrinbank N.V.: Hakrinbank provides banking solutions to individuals and businesses, contributing to the local financial sector.
De Surinaamsche Bank (DSB): DSB is a major bank in Suriname, offering traditional banking services to its customers.
Centrale Bank van Suriname: The Central Bank of Suriname is the country's central banking authority, responsible for monetary policy and financial stability.
GOD Bank: GOD Bank offers banking and financial services, contributing to the growth of the banking sector in Suriname.