Guinea Business Directory & List of Companies
List your business located in Guinea to our business directory and start promoting it on the Web. Advertize services and goods online, enhance online reputation and client reviews/testimonials and motivate customers to write reviews or video testimonials.
ADD YOUR BUSINESS NOW
see all listing advantages
Capital City and 5 Largest Cities in Guinea
Conakry: Conakry is not only the capital but also the largest city in Guinea. It is the country's economic, political, and cultural center, as well as its largest port city.
Nzérékoré: Nzérékoré is the second-largest city in Guinea and is located in the southeastern part of the country. It is an important commercial and administrative center for the region.
- Kindia: Kindia is the third-largest city in Guinea and serves as a major transportation hub, connecting Conakry with other parts of the country.
- Kankan: Kankan is the largest city in eastern Guinea and is known for its cultural and historical significance.
- Labé: Labé is the largest city in the Fouta Djallon region of Guinea and serves as a center for trade and commerce in the area.
Guinea Business & Economy
- Mining and Natural Resources:
Guinea is rich in mineral resources, with significant deposits of bauxite (used in aluminum production), gold, diamonds, iron ore, and various other minerals. The mining sector has been a major contributor to the country's economy.
Agriculture is a significant part of the Guinean economy, employing a large portion of the population. Key agricultural products include rice, maize, millet, peanuts, and cashews. Guinea also has potential in the production of oil palm and rubber.
Guinea has significant hydroelectric potential, with the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam being one of the most notable projects. The government has been working on improving access to electricity and increasing power generation capacity.
- Infrastructure Development:
Guinea has been investing in infrastructure development, including roads, ports, and railways, to improve connectivity within the country and facilitate trade.
- Foreign Investment:
The government of Guinea has sought foreign investment to develop its mining and infrastructure sectors, and it has made efforts to improve the business environment.
Guinea faces economic challenges, including political instability, governance issues, corruption, and a lack of diversification beyond the extractive industries. Infrastructure deficits and inadequate access to education and healthcare are also areas of concern.
The currency of Guinea is the Guinean Franc (GNF).
- International Trade: Guinea engages in international trade, primarily exporting minerals and agricultural products. Key trading partners include China, Russia, the United Arab Emirates, and European countries.
- Social and Developmental Challenges:
Guinea has struggled with poverty, a high infant mortality rate, and limited access to basic services in some regions. Efforts have been made to improve healthcare and education.
- Regional Integration: Guinea is a member of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and other regional organizations, aiming to enhance regional economic cooperation and integration.
- Government Initiatives:
The Guinean government has been working on economic diversification, improving infrastructure, and attracting foreign investment to stimulate economic growth. The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) is one of the initiatives aimed at improving transparency in the mining sector.
Ten Top Companies in Guinea
Compagnie des Bauxites de Guinée (CBG):
CBG is one of the world's largest bauxite mining companies. It operates several bauxite mines in Guinea and is a significant contributor to the country's mining industry.
- Guinea Alumina Corporation (GAC):
GAC is involved in the mining and production of bauxite in Guinea. It is a subsidiary of Emirates Global Aluminium (EGA) and focuses on bauxite export.
- Rio Tinto:
Rio Tinto is a global mining company with operations in Guinea. It is involved in the Simandou iron ore project, one of the largest iron ore deposits in the world.
- Alcoa Corporation:
Alcoa is an American aluminum company that has been involved in bauxite mining and alumina production in Guinea.
Rusal is a Russian aluminum company with operations in Guinea. It is involved in bauxite mining and alumina production.
- AngloGold Ashanti:
AngloGold Ashanti is a major gold mining company with operations in Guinea, including the Siguiri Gold Mine.
- Norsk Hydro:
Norsk Hydro is a Norwegian aluminum and renewable energy company. It operates in Guinea's bauxite and alumina industry.
- Guinea Alumina Corporation (GAC):
GAC is focused on the development of an alumina refinery in Guinea, which will process bauxite into alumina for export.
- Simfer S.A.:
Simfer S.A. is a subsidiary of the United Company Rusal and operates the Friguia bauxite and alumina complex in Guinea.
- Société Minière de Boké-Winning Africa (SMB-WAP):
SMB-WAP is a joint venture company that operates bauxite mines in Boké, Guinea, and is one of the largest bauxite producers in the country.
Ten Top Banks in Guinea
Banque Centrale de la République de Guinée (BCRG):
BCRG is the Central Bank of Guinea, responsible for issuing and regulating the country's currency, monetary policy, and financial stability.
- Société Générale de Banques en Guinée (SGBG):
Société Générale operates in Guinea, offering a range of banking and financial services to individuals and businesses.
- Ecobank Guinea:
Ecobank is a pan-African bank with a presence in Guinea, providing banking and financial solutions.
- United Bank for Africa (UBA) Guinea:
UBA is a pan-African bank with operations in Guinea, offering a variety of banking services.
- Banque Internationale pour le Commerce et l'Industrie de la Guinée (BICIGUI):
BICIGUI is a subsidiary of BNP Paribas and provides banking services to customers in Guinea.
- Banque Islamique de Guinée (BIG):
BIG is an Islamic bank in Guinea, offering Sharia-compliant financial services.
- Banque de l'Habitat de Guinée (BHG):
BHG focuses on housing finance and offers mortgage services to individuals in Guinea.
- Banque pour le Commerce et l'Industrie de Guinée (BCIG):
BCIG provides banking services, including loans and financial solutions, to individuals and businesses in Guinea.
- Banque Sahélo-Saharienne pour l'Investissement et le Commerce (BSIC Guinea):
BSIC is a regional bank operating in multiple West African countries, including Guinea.
- Banque de l'Afrique de l'Ouest pour l'Investissement et le Commerce (BAWIC):
BAWIC is a regional bank in West Africa and operates in Guinea, offering various banking services.