Sierra Leone Business Directory & List of Companies
List your business located in Sierra Leone to this business directory to start promoting it on the Internet. Display services and goods online, improve online reputation and client reviews/testimonials and motivate customers to leave reviews or video testimonials.
ADD YOUR BUSINESS NOW
see all listing advantages
Capital City and 5 Largest Cities in Sierra Leone
Freetown is the capital and largest city of Sierra Leone. It is situated on the country's western coastline, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Freetown serves as the political, economic, and cultural center of Sierra Leone. The city has a rich history, having been founded in the late 18th century as a settlement for freed slaves from the Americas and Europe. Today, it is known for its vibrant culture, bustling markets, and historical sites.
Five Largest Cities
Freetown, in addition to being the capital, is the largest city in Sierra Leone. It is a major port city and the country's economic hub, hosting various industries, government institutions, and educational centers.
Bo is the second-largest city in Sierra Leone, located in the southern part of the country. It is an important commercial and transportation center, known for its markets and educational institutions, including the Bo Government Secondary School.
Kenema is the third-largest city in Sierra Leone, situated in the eastern part of the country. It is known for its trade and agriculture, with a focus on producing and trading in crops such as cocoa, coffee, and rice.
- Makeni is the fourth-largest city in Sierra Leone, located in the Northern Province. It has a growing population and serves as a center for trade, education, and healthcare in the northern region.
- Koidu is the fifth-largest city in Sierra Leone and is situated in the Kono District, which is known for diamond mining. The city's economy is closely tied to the diamond industry, and it has experienced both growth and challenges related to mining activities.
Sierra Leone Economy in Figures
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP): .03 billion USD (2020)
- GDP per Capita: USD (2020)
- Agriculture: Sierra Leone's agriculture sector is significant, with key products including rice, cocoa, coffee, and palm oil.
- Mining: The country is rich in mineral resources, particularly diamonds, which play a vital role in the economy.
- Services: The services sector encompasses retail, telecommunications, finance, and tourism.
Sierra Leone's main export commodities include diamonds, cocoa, coffee, fish, and minerals.
Sierra Leone has attracted foreign investment in mining and infrastructure projects, contributing to economic development.
The country faces economic challenges, including poverty, inadequate infrastructure, and vulnerability to external shocks.
The currency used in Sierra Leone is the Sierra Leonean Leone (SLL).
Sierra Leone has a developing financial sector that includes commercial banks, microfinance institutions, and mobile banking services.
Sierra Leone's major trade partners include China, Belgium, India, the United States, and neighboring West African countries.
Sierra Leone has made efforts to promote sustainable development, reduce poverty, and improve access to education and healthcare.
Ten Top Companies in Sierra Leone
- Agriculture: Sierra Leone's agriculture sector includes small-scale and commercial farming, producing crops like rice, cocoa, coffee, and palm oil.
- Mining: The mining industry, particularly diamond mining, is significant in Sierra Leone.
- Construction and Real Estate: Companies involved in construction and real estate development contribute to infrastructure growth.
- Retail and Trade: Retail businesses provide goods and services to the local population.
- Fishing and Seafood Processing: Fisheries play a crucial role in the economy, with businesses involved in commercial fishing and seafood processing.
- Telecommunications and Internet Services: Companies provide communication and connectivity services in Sierra Leone.
- Energy and Utilities: Businesses in this sector are responsible for power generation and utilities services.
- Transport and Logistics: Companies in transport and logistics handle cargo, shipping, and transportation services.
- Financial Services: The financial sector includes banks, microfinance institutions, and insurance companies.
- Healthcare Services: Healthcare providers and clinics play a vital role in ensuring access to medical services.
Ten Top Banks in Sierra Leone
Bank of Sierra Leone
The central bank of Sierra Leone responsible for monetary policy and financial stability.
Ecobank Sierra Leone
A subsidiary of the Ecobank Group, offering a range of banking services.
Standard Chartered Bank Sierra Leone
A branch of Standard Chartered Bank, providing banking and financial services.
Guaranty Trust Bank (GTBank) Sierra Leone
A subsidiary of GTBank, offering retail and corporate banking services.
Rokel Commercial Bank
A local commercial bank in Sierra Leone providing various financial services.
Access Bank Sierra Leone
A subsidiary of Access Bank Plc, offering banking and financial solutions.
United Bank for Africa (UBA) Sierra Leone
A branch of UBA, providing banking services to individuals and businesses.
First International Bank (FIBank) Sierra Leone
A local bank offering banking and financial services in Sierra Leone.
Sierra Leone Commercial Bank (SLCB)
A state-owned bank providing various banking services to the public.
Union Trust Bank (UTB) Sierra Leone
A local bank offering banking and financial solutions to customers.