Liberia Business Directory & List of Companies
List your business located in Liberia to this business directory to start promoting it on the Internet. Display services and goods online, improve online reputation and client reviews/testimonials and motivate customers to leave reviews or video testimonials.
ADD YOUR BUSINESS NOW
see all listing advantages
Capital City and 5 Largest Cities in Liberia
Monrovia is the capital and largest city in Liberia. It serves as the political, economic, and cultural center of the country.
- Gbarnga is the second-largest city in Liberia and is located in the central part of the country. It is the capital of Bong County.
- Buchanan is the third-largest city in Liberia and is situated on the Atlantic coast. It is an important port city and a hub for the shipping industry.
- Ganta is the fourth-largest city in Liberia and is located in Nimba County, near the border with Guinea. It is a major trading and commercial center.
- Kakata is the fifth-largest city in Liberia and is the capital of Margibi County. It is known for its agricultural activities and is a transportation hub.
Liberia Economy in Figures
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP): In 2020, Liberia's GDP was approximately 3.2 billion USD, according to the World Bank.
- GDP Growth Rate: Liberia's GDP growth rate has varied over the years but has generally been affected by factors such as the Ebola outbreak and fluctuations in commodity prices.
- GDP per Capita: In 2020, Liberia's GDP per capita was approximately 676 USD (World Bank estimate).
- Key Sectors: Liberia's economy is predominantly reliant on agriculture, mining, and forestry.
- Agriculture: Agriculture plays a significant role in Liberia's economy, with staple crops like rice, cassava, and oil palm being cultivated by smallholder farmers.
- Mining: Liberia is rich in mineral resources, including iron ore, gold, and diamonds. Mining activities contribute to the country's revenue and export earnings.
- Forestry: Liberia has substantial forests, and the forestry sector, particularly timber and logging, is vital for the economy.
- Services: The services sector includes various components such as retail, telecommunications, finance, and government services.
- Infrastructure Development: Liberia has invested in infrastructure projects, including road construction and improvements, to support economic growth and development.
- Currency: The currency of Liberia is the Liberian Dollar (LRD), but the United States Dollar (USD) is also widely used.
- Challenges: Liberia faces economic challenges, including high unemployment, limited access to healthcare and education, inadequate infrastructure in some areas, and the need for economic diversification.
- Foreign Investment: Liberia has sought foreign investment, especially in the mining sector, to boost economic growth and development.
Ten Top Companies in Liberia
- ArcelorMittal Liberia: ArcelorMittal is a multinational steel and mining company with operations in Liberia. It is one of the largest employers in the country and is involved in iron ore mining.
- Firestone Natural Rubber Company: Firestone, a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, operates one of the world's largest rubber plantations in Liberia, producing natural rubber for tires and other products.
- Sime Darby Plantation Liberia: Sime Darby is involved in oil palm cultivation and production in Liberia, contributing to the country's agriculture sector.
- Liberia Telecommunications Corporation (LIBTELCO): LIBTELCO is Liberia's state-owned telecommunications company, providing internet and communication services.
- Lonestar Cell MTN: Lonestar Cell MTN is a major telecommunications provider in Liberia, offering mobile and data services.
- ECOBANK Liberia: ECOBANK operates in Liberia, offering banking and financial services to individuals and businesses.
- Central Bank of Liberia (CBL): The Central Bank of Liberia is the country's central bank, responsible for regulating and overseeing the financial system, issuing currency, and implementing monetary policies.
- Liberia Electricity Corporation (LEC): LEC is responsible for the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity in Liberia.
- Liberia Petroleum Refining Company (LPRC): LPRC is involved in the importation, storage, and distribution of petroleum products in Liberia.
- National Port Authority (NPA): NPA manages and operates Liberia's seaports, including the Freeport of Monrovia, which is essential for the country's trade.
Ten Top Banks in Liberia
Central Bank of Liberia (CBL):
The Central Bank of Liberia is the country's central bank, responsible for monetary policy, currency issuance, and overall financial regulation.
- Ecobank Liberia:
Ecobank is a pan-African bank with operations in Liberia, offering a range of banking and financial services.
- United Bank for Africa (UBA) Liberia:
UBA Liberia is part of the United Bank for Africa Group and provides banking and financial solutions in Liberia.
- Guaranty Trust Bank (GTBank) Liberia:
GTBank Liberia is a subsidiary of Guaranty Trust Bank Plc and offers banking and financial services in Liberia.
- AccessBank Liberia:
AccessBank Liberia is a commercial bank in Liberia, providing banking services to individuals and businesses.
- First International Bank (FIB) Liberia:
FIB Liberia offers various banking and financial products to customers in Liberia.
- Liberia Bank for Development and Investment (LBDI):
LBDI is a domestic bank in Liberia, providing banking services, including retail and corporate banking.
- Monrovia Breweries Incorporated (MBI) Employees Credit Union:
MBI Employees Credit Union provides financial services and products to its members, including employees of Monrovia Breweries Incorporated.
- GN Bank Liberia Limited:
GN Bank Liberia is part of the GN Group and offers banking and financial solutions in Liberia.
- Liberia Business and Development Center (LBDC):
LBDC is a government agency that provides financial services and support to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Liberia.