Guyana Business Directory & List of Companies
List your business located in Guyana to this business directory to start promoting it on the Internet. Display services and goods online, improve online reputation and client reviews/testimonials and motivate customers to leave reviews or video testimonials.
ADD YOUR BUSINESS NOW
see all listing advantages
1. Brief Overview of Guyana
Guyana, located on the northern coast of South America, is a country known for its diverse landscapes, rich cultural heritage, and unique biodiversity. Covering a total area of approximately 214,970 square kilometers, it is home to a population of around 800,000 people.
2. Regions in Guyana
Guyana is divided into ten administrative regions, each with its own distinct characteristics. Here are some of the regions and their respective capitals:
- Region 4 (Demerara-Mahaica): Population - Approximately 310,000, Capital - Georgetown
- Region 6 (East Berbice-Corentyne): Population - Approximately 109,000, Capital - New Amsterdam
- Region 3 (Essequibo Islands-West Demerara): Population - Approximately 77,000, Capital - Vreed-en-Hoop
- Region 10 (Upper Demerara-Berbice): Population - Approximately 41,000, Capital - Linden
- Region 7 (Cuyuni-Mazaruni): Population - Approximately 20,000, Capital - Bartica
3. Top Cities in Guyana
Guyana's urban centers are essential hubs of culture and commerce. Here are five of the most populous cities:
- Georgetown: Population - Approximately 310,000
- New Amsterdam: Population - Approximately 40,000
- Linden: Population - Approximately 29,000
- Anna Regina: Population - Approximately 12,000
- Bartica: Population - Approximately 7,000
4. Economy of Guyana
Guyana's economy is diverse, with key sectors including agriculture, mining, and services. Important economic indicators include:
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP): Approximately 4 billion USD
- GDP Growth Rate: Variable due to its reliance on specific industries
- GDP Per Capita: Approximately 5,000 USD
- Exports: Primarily gold, rice, and sugar
- Imports: Machinery, petroleum products, and consumer goods
5. Top Companies in Guyana
Guyana is home to several significant companies that contribute to its economy. These companies operate in various sectors, including mining, agriculture, and services. While they may not have official websites, they are integral to the local economy.
Some of the noteworthy companies include:
Guyana Goldfields Inc.: Engaged in gold mining, Guyana Goldfields is a key player in the mining sector, contributing to gold production.
Demerara Distillers Limited (DDL): DDL is known for its rum production and other alcoholic beverages, making it a significant player in the beverage industry.
Banks DIH Limited: A diversified conglomerate involved in various sectors, including beverages, banking, and automotive, with a substantial capital base.
GuySuCo: The Guyana Sugar Corporation is a major player in the sugar industry, with a significant role in agricultural production.
Massy Holdings Ltd.: A regional conglomerate with a presence in Guyana, involved in sectors such as retail, distribution, and energy.
6. Top Banks in Guyana
Guyana's banking sector comprises several financial institutions serving the banking needs of the local population. These banks offer essential banking services but may not have official websites. Some of the prominent banks include:
Republic Bank (Guyana) Limited: Republic Bank is a prominent bank in Guyana, providing a wide range of banking and financial services.
Demerara Bank Limited: Demerara Bank offers banking solutions to individuals and businesses, contributing to the local financial sector.
Guyana Bank for Trade and Industry (GBTI): GBTI is a well-established bank in Guyana, offering traditional banking services.
Scotiabank Guyana: Scotiabank operates in Guyana, providing banking and financial solutions to residents and businesses.
Citizens Bank Guyana Inc.: Citizens Bank offers a range of financial services, contributing to the banking sector's growth in Guyana.