United Kingdom Business Directory & List of Companies
Great Britain (officially the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) is an island state in northwestern Europe, consisting of
from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. It borders with Ireland, Cyprus and Spain.
Submit your company or UK business for free to the Bizpages business directory and start promoting your firm online. Use the tools developed by our specialists to advertise your services and products, track your reputation and manage customer reviews online. Also, you can launch a campaign for search engine optimization and promotion of your website on the network.
ADD YOUR BUSINESS NOW
see all benefits
Total area: 242,495 km².
Population: 66 993 318 people. Ethnic composition: British (76%), Scots (5.8%), Irish (1.9%), Welsh (3.1%), Indians (2.3%), Pakistanis (1.8%), Poles (0.9%), Bangladeshis (0.7%), Chinese (0.5%), Arabs (0.4%), immigrants from the CIS countries (0.3%), Iranians (0.1%), others (6.1%).
The country has access to the sea.
Capital city: London (with suburbs - 8.308 million people)
Five largest cities in the UK
Economy. GDP volume: 2 827 billion USD (2019). GDP annual growth rate: 1.3% (Q2/19), GDP per capita: USD 43,688 (2019), GDP per capita PPP: USD 46,699 (2019)
Annual Inflation rate 1.7% (Sep 2019), Salary: 542 GBP/week (Aug 2019), Unemployment Rate 3.9% (Aug 2019)
- Leeds - 551,000 people
- Sheffield - 367.94
- Birmingham - 267.8 people
- Manchester - 115.65 people
- Liverpool - 441 477 people
The real cost of living for a family is 1,300 GBP/month. | 1602 USD / month (2018)
According to the World Bank's "Doing Business" rating, the UK is ranked 8th out of 190 countries. Currency: Pound Sterling (GBP).
Main sectors of the economy: transport engineering; aerospace industry;
food industry; general mechanical engineering; electronics and electrical engineering; chemical industry.
Exports totaled 55.494 billion GBP (Aug 2019), including:
The aggregate UK imports totaled 692 billion USD in 2019. In value terms, the increase in the supply of goods to the UK compared to 2018 was 3.09%. Imports of goods increased by 20 billion USD (in 2018, goods in the amount of 671 USD billion were imported to the UK).
- 15.6% (73 billion USD): Nuclear reactors, boilers, equipment and mechanical devices; their parts
- 10.7% (50 billion USD): Land transport vehicles, other than railway or tram rolling stock, and their parts and accessories
- 9.08% (42 billion USD): Natural or cultured pearls, precious or semi-precious stones, precious metals, metals clad with precious metals and articles thereof; bijouterie; coins
- 8.73% (40 billion USD): Mineral fuels, oil and products of their distillation; bituminous substances; mineral waxes
- 5.86% (27 billion USD): Electrical machinery and equipment, their parts; sound recording and reproducing equipment, equipment for recording and reproducing television images and sound, their parts and accessories
- 5.76% (27 billion USD): Pharmaceutical products
- 4.32% (20 billion USD): Optical, photographic, cinematographic, measuring, control, precision, medical or surgical instruments and apparatus
- 3.93% (18.4 billion USD): Aircraft, spacecraft, and parts thereof
- 2.7% (12.6 billion USD): Organic chemicals
Gold (including gold plated with platinum), raw or semi-finished, or in powder form
- Cars and other motor vehicles intended mainly for the transport of people
- Crude oil and crude oil products
- Turbojet and turboprop engines, other gas turbines
- Transmitting equipment for broadcasting or television, tour; digital cameras and camcorders
- Computing machines and their blocks; magnetic or optical readers, machines for transferring data to media in coded form and machines for processing such information, not elsewhere specified or included
Top 5 UK Companies
- BP 303.738 billion USD
- HSBC Holdings 86.131 billion USD
- Tesco Cheshant 84.271 billion USD
- Unilever 60.167 billion USD
- Vodafone Group - 50.532 billion USD
Major UK banks
- Lloyds Bank
- RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland)
- Standard Chartered
- Tesco Bank