South Africa Business Directory & List of Companies
List your business located in South Africa to this business directory to start promoting it on the Internet. Display services and goods online, improve online reputation and client reviews/testimonials and motivate customers to leave reviews or video testimonials.
ADD YOUR BUSINESS NOW
see all listing advantages
Capital City and 5 Largest Cities in South Africa
- Cape Town
- Port Elizabeth
South Africa Economy in Figures
Key Economic Indicators
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP): Approximately .8 billion USD (2020)
- GDP per Capita: Approximately ,300 USD (2020)
- Major Industries: Mining, manufacturing, agriculture, finance, and services
- Currency: South African Rand (ZAR)
South Africa has a diverse and industrialized economy, with various sectors contributing to its GDP. Mining, particularly in minerals like gold, platinum, and diamonds, has historically been a significant driver of the economy.
South Africa faces economic challenges, including high unemployment rates, income inequality, and the need for economic transformation and inclusive growth.
South Africa is a major player in international trade, exporting minerals, manufactured goods, and agricultural products to various countries.
The country has a well-developed financial sector, including banking and insurance services, contributing to its economic stability.
South Africa attracts foreign investment in various sectors, including mining, manufacturing, and renewable energy projects.
Tourism is an important sector, with South Africa known for its natural beauty, wildlife, and cultural heritage.
Economic growth in South Africa is influenced by both domestic and global factors, including political stability and commodity prices.
Ten Top Companies in South Africa
- 1. Naspers: A multinational media and technology company with investments in internet businesses and e-commerce platforms.
- 2. Sasol: An integrated energy and chemical company specializing in oil and gas exploration, production, and chemicals manufacturing.
- 3. Anglo American: A global mining company engaged in the exploration and extraction of precious metals and minerals.
- 4. Standard Bank Group: One of South Africa's largest financial services groups, offering banking and financial solutions.
- 5. MTN Group: A telecommunications company with a significant presence in South Africa and various African countries.
- 6. Shoprite Holdings: A retail group operating supermarkets and fast-food outlets in multiple African countries.
- 7. FirstRand: One of the largest financial services providers in South Africa, offering banking and insurance services.
- 8. Sanlam: A financial services group involved in insurance, wealth management, and investment services.
- 9. Bidvest Group: A diversified conglomerate with interests in freight, automotive, trading, and services.
- 10. Vodacom Group: A telecommunications company providing mobile communications services in South Africa and other African markets.
Ten Top Banks in South Africa
- 1. Standard Bank: One of the largest and oldest banks in South Africa, offering a wide range of financial services.
- 2. FirstRand Bank: A prominent financial services group, providing banking, insurance, and investment services.
- 3. Absa Group: A major banking group offering retail, corporate, and investment banking services.
- 4. Nedbank Group: A financial services provider with a focus on banking, asset management, and wealth management.
- 5. Investec: A specialist bank and asset manager offering banking, investment, and wealth management services.
- 6. Capitec Bank: A retail bank known for its simplicity and accessibility, serving customers with a range of banking products.
- 7. Standard Chartered Bank South Africa: A branch of the international Standard Chartered Bank, offering banking and financial services.
- 8. Bidvest Bank: A financial institution offering banking and forex services, part of the Bidvest Group.
- 9. TymeBank: A digital bank in South Africa, providing simple and low-cost banking solutions.
- 10. African Bank: A retail bank offering personal loans, savings, and transactional banking services.