Namibia Business Directory & List of Companies
List your Namibia company to this business directory to start promoting it on the Web. Advertise services and goods online, improve online reputation and client reviews/testimonials and motivate customers to leave reviews or video testimonials.
ADD YOUR BUSINESS NOW
see all listing advantages
Capital City and 5 Largest Cities in Namibia
- Windhoek is the capital and largest city of Namibia. It is situated in the central part of the country and serves as its political, economic, and cultural center.
- Rundu: is one of the largest cities in Namibia and is located in the Kavango East Region in the northeastern part of the country. It is situated on the banks of the Kavango River.
- Walvis Bay is a major coastal city in Namibia, known for its deep-water harbor. It serves as an essential port and gateway for international trade.
- Oshakati is one of the largest cities in northern Namibia, serving as a regional administrative and economic center.
- Swakopmund is a coastal city situated along the Atlantic Ocean. It is known for its picturesque beaches, German colonial architecture, and as a popular tourist destination.
- Katima Mulilo is located in the Zambezi Region in the northeastern part of Namibia. It is situated on the Zambezi River and serves as an important trade and transportation hub.
Namibia Economy in Figures
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP): In 2020, Namibia's GDP was approximately 12.4 billion USD.
- GDP per Capita: Namibia had a GDP per capita of around 4,900 USD in 2020.
- Mining and Resources: Namibia is rich in mineral resources, with mining playing a significant role in the economy. Key minerals include diamonds, uranium, gold, and zinc.
- Agriculture: Agriculture is an important sector, employing a significant portion of the population. Livestock farming, including cattle and sheep, is a primary agricultural activity.
- Manufacturing: The manufacturing sector includes food and beverage processing, as well as the production of consumer goods, construction materials, and textiles.
- Tourism: Namibia's diverse landscapes, wildlife, and cultural heritage make it a popular tourist destination. Tourism contributes significantly to the country's economy.
- Fisheries: Fishing is another important industry, with Namibia having a valuable seafood export sector.
- Foreign Investment: Namibia has attracted foreign investment, particularly in mining and infrastructure development.
- Infrastructure Development: Namibia has invested in infrastructure development, including transportation networks (roads and ports) and energy production (including renewable energy projects).
- Currency: The currency of Namibia is the Namibian Dollar (NAD), which is pegged to the South African Rand (ZAR).
- Challenges: Namibia faces challenges such as unemployment, income inequality, and poverty. The country has also experienced periods of drought, affecting agricultural production.
- Trade: Namibia's main trading partners include South Africa, China, and the European Union. Exports primarily consist of minerals, fish and seafood, and agricultural products.
- Debt: Namibia has faced fiscal challenges, including government debt, and has been working on fiscal consolidation efforts.
Five Top Companies in Namibia
- Namdeb Diamond Corporation (Pty) Ltd: Namdeb Diamond Corporation is a joint venture between the Namibian government and the De Beers Group. It is involved in diamond mining, and Namibia is known for its high-quality diamonds.
- FNB Namibia Holdings: FNB Namibia Holdings is a prominent financial institution in Namibia, offering a wide range of banking and financial services to individuals and businesses. It is part of the FirstRand Group.
- Bidvest Namibia Limited is a diversified conglomerate with interests in sectors such as food distribution, fishing, and commercial services.
- Telecom Namibia is the largest telecommunications company in Namibia, providing a wide range of telecommunication services, including fixed-line and mobile services, internet, and data solutions.
- NAMPAK Namibia is a leading packaging company in Namibia, specializing in the production of packaging materials and containers for various industries, including food and beverages.
Five Top Banks in Namibia
- First National Bank (FNB) Namibia:
FNB Namibia is one of the largest and most prominent banks in Namibia, offering a wide range of banking and financial services, including retail and corporate banking, investment services, and insurance.
- Standard Bank Namibia is part of the Standard Bank Group, one of Africa's largest banking groups. It provides retail, commercial, and corporate banking services, as well as asset management and wealth management solutions.
- Bank Windhoek is a leading Namibian bank, offering a variety of financial products and services to individuals, businesses, and agricultural clients. It has a strong focus on community banking.
- Nedbank Namibia is part of the Nedbank Group, a South African banking conglomerate. It provides banking and financial services, including retail and business banking, wealth management, and investment services.
- Standard Chartered Bank operates in Namibia and offers banking services to individuals, businesses, and corporate clients. It is part of the international Standard Chartered Group.