Angola Business Directory & List of Companies
Angola is a state in South Africa, bordered by Democratic Republic of Congo, Zambia, Namibia, Congo.
Add your company or business located in Angola in the Bizpages directory of business and begin advertising your business online. Use the built-in functions to advertize your products, services and goods online, measure and improve your online reputation and client reviews or testimonials. Start a set of activities to deal with search engine optimization and promotion of your corporate website.
ADD YOUR BUSINESS NOW, 100% FREE
see all listing advantages
Total Area: 1 247 000 km².
Population - 30,81 million (2018)
Ethnic composition of Angola. The majority of the people of Angola are three ethnic groups: Ovimbundu (37%), Northern Mbundu (25%) and Bakongo (13%). The rest of the peoples inhabiting the country are Chokwe, Ganguela, Nhaneka-Khumba, Ambo, Herero and Xindunga.
Angola's languages are predominantly Bantu and Portuguese, with small minorities of Khoisan speakers. Portuguese is the only official language. Features: the country has access to the sea.
Capital city - Luanda, 2.572 million (2019).
Angola on the world's map
Five largest cities in Angola
- Cabinda 399 427 (2010)
- Wangbo 341 696 (2010)
- Lubango 256 713 (2010)
- Kuito 185 302 (2010)
- Malange 161 059 (2010)
GDP volume: 94.64 billion USD (2019), GDP per capita - 3104 USD (2019), GDP per capita PPP - 6654 USD.
Inflation rate for the year 22.93% (Jul 2020) Unemployment rate: 32.7% (2020). Annual inflation rate - 22.93% (Jul 2020)
According to the World Bank's "Doing Business" rating, Angola is ranked 177th among 190 countries. National currency: Angolan Kwanzaa (AOA). The minimum wage is 21454 AOA/month or 34.493 USD/month for 2020. Real cost of living - (2018) - 106.952 USD USA/month.
Main branches of the economy
Industry - 61.4%. Mining, oil refining, forestry and woodworking, enterprises for the processing of agricultural raw materials and fish. Fishing.
Service sector: 28.4%.
Agriculture: 10.2%. Crop (coffee, corn, sisal, cotton), livestock (cattle, goats).
Export - 6.537 billion USD (Q1/20)
TOP 10 goods exported from Angola in 2018:
86% (36 billion USD): Crude oils and crude oils obtained from bituminous minerals.
- 4.53% (1.91 billion USD): Petroleum gases and other gaseous hydrocarbons
- 2.8% (1.18 billion USD): Diamonds, worked or rough, but unset or loose
- 1.18% (498 million USD): Cruise ships, sightseeing ships, ferries, cargo ships, barges and similar floating equipment for the transportation of passengers or goods
- 0.978% (412 million USD): Other vessels, including warships and rescue vessels, excluding rowing boats
- 0.942% (396 million USD): Floating beacons, fire boats, dredgers, floating cranes and other floating equipment for which navigability is secondary to their main function; floating docks; floating or underwater drilling or production platforms
- 0.637% (268 million USD): Petroleum and petroleum products obtained from bituminous minerals, other than crude; products not elsewhere specified or included, containing 70% or more of petroleum or petroleum products derived from bituminous minerals, these petroleum products being the main constituents of the preparations; waste oils
- 0.333% (140 million USD): Oils and other products of high temperature distillation of coal tar; similar products in which the weight of the aromatic constituents exceeds the weight of the non-aromatic ones;
- 0.33% (139 million USD): Timber sawn or split lengthwise, planed or peeled, or sanded, whether or not end-joined, with a thickness over 6mm
- 0.11% (46 million USD): Fish, fresh or chilled, excluding fish fillets and other fish
The cumulative imports to Angola comprised 16 billion USD in 2018. In value terms, the increase in the supply of goods to Angola compared to 2017 was 3.71%.
Imports of goods grew by 574 million USD (in 2017, goods worth 15.4 billion USD were imported to Angola).
15% (2.41 billion USD): Mineral fuel, oil and products of their distillation; bituminous substances; mineral waxes
- 13.2% (2.12 billion USD): Nuclear reactors, boilers, equipment and mechanical devices; their parts
- 9.19% (1.47 billion USD): Ships, boats and floating structures
- 6.28% (1 billion USD): Electrical machinery and equipment and parts thereof; sound recording and reproducing equipment, equipment for recording and reproducing television images and sound, their parts and accessories
- 4.64% (744 million USD): Meat and edible meat
- 4.17% (668 million USD): Ground vehicles, other than railway or tramway rolling stock, and parts and accessories thereof;
- 3.46% (555 million USD): Items not specified by type
- 2.93% (469 million USD): Articles of iron or steel
- 2.83% (453 million USD): Plastics and articles thereof
- 2.38% (383 million USD): Cereals
5 top companies in Angola
5 largest banks in Angola
The National Bank of Angola (port. Banco Nacional de Angola) is the central bank of Angola.