Bhutan Business Directory & List of Companies
List your business located in Bhutan to this business directory to start promoting it on the Internet. Display services and goods online, improve online reputation and client reviews/testimonials and motivate customers to leave reviews or video testimonials.
ADD YOUR BUSINESS NOW
see all listing advantages
1. Brief Overview of Bhutan
Bhutan, located in the eastern Himalayas, is a small landlocked country with a total area of approximately 38,394 square kilometers. As of the latest available data, Bhutan has a population of around 771,608 people.
2. List of Provinces in Bhutan
Bhutan is divided into 20 districts or provinces. Some of the provinces in Bhutan, along with their respective populations and provincial capitals, include:
- Bumthang - Population: 18,988, Provincial Capital: Jakar
- Chukha - Population: 98,336, Provincial Capital: Chukha
- Dagana - Population: 24,074, Provincial Capital: Dagana
- Gasa - Population: 3,952, Provincial Capital: Gasa
- Haa - Population: 13,655, Provincial Capital: Haa
3. Five Top Cities in Bhutan
Bhutan boasts several vibrant cities. Here are the five most populous cities in Bhutan along with their respective populations:
- Thimphu - Population: Approximately 104,214
- Phuntsholing - Population: Approximately 31,500
- Punakha - Population: Approximately 25,700
- Samdrup Jongkhar - Population: Approximately 24,198
- Gelephu - Population: Approximately 9,521
4. Bhutan's Economy
Bhutan's economy is characterized by its focus on Gross National Happiness (GNH) rather than Gross Domestic Product (GDP). However, as of the latest data available, Bhutan's GDP is approximately 2.5 billion USD, with a GDP growth rate of 5.2%. The GDP per capita stands at around 3,330 USD.
Bhutan's economy relies heavily on hydropower exports, tourism, and agriculture. It also maintains a policy of sustainable development.
In terms of trade, Bhutan's major exports include electricity, minerals, and agricultural products, while it imports machinery, vehicles, and fabrics.
5. Top Companies in Bhutan
While Bhutan is not known for its large corporations, several prominent companies operate in the country. Here are the top ten companies in Bhutan:
- Bhutan Power Corporation Limited (BPCL) - A key player in the energy sector.
- Druk Green Power Corporation (DGPC) - Specializing in hydropower.
- Tashi Group - Diversified conglomerate with interests in hotels, construction, and more.
- Bhutan Telecom - The leading telecommunications provider in Bhutan.
- Bhutan National Bank - One of the country's oldest and most trusted banks.
- Bhutan Insurance Limited - Providing various insurance services.
- Druk Air - Bhutan's national airline.
- Pelden Group - Engaged in automotive, trading, and hospitality businesses.
- Taj Tashi - A renowned luxury hotel in Thimphu.
- Druk Holdings & Investments (DHI) - A state-owned investment company.
6. Top Banks in Bhutan
Bhutan's banking sector plays a crucial role in supporting the country's economy. Here are the top ten banks in Bhutan:
- Royal Monetary Authority (RMA) - The central bank of Bhutan.
- Bank of Bhutan (BoB) - One of the oldest and largest commercial banks.
- Druk PNB Bank - A joint venture bank with Punjab National Bank of India.
- Bhutan Development Bank Limited (BDBL) - Focusing on rural development.
- T-Bank Limited - A leading commercial bank.
- Bhutan National Bank - Offering a wide range of banking services.
- Druk Punjab National Bank (DPNB) - A subsidiary of Punjab National Bank.
- Royal Insurance Corporation of Bhutan (RICB) - Providing insurance services.
- Bhutan Insurance Limited - Offering insurance solutions to customers.
- Bhutan Livestock Development Corporation Limited (BLDC) - Specializing in livestock development and agribusiness.
These banks play a vital role in providing financial services to individuals and businesses in Bhutan.