Albania Business Directory & List of Companies
Albania is a state in Europe, bordered by Montenegro, Serbia, Germany, Macedonia, Greece.
List your company or business located in Albania in the Bizpages business directory and start advertising your business on the Internet. Apply the built-in features to advertize your services and goods online, track your online reputation and client reviews/testimonials. Launch a set of activities to do search engine optimization and promote your corporate website.
ADD YOUR BUSINESS NOW, 100% FREE
see all listing advantages
Area - 28,748 sq.km.
Population - 2.846 million (2020)
National composition of the population:
Also, Roma, Serbs, Macedonians, Bulgarians live in the country. In April 1990, the Jewish diaspora in the country ceased to exist: the last 11 Jews left for Israel.
- Albanians - 95%
- Greeks - 3%
The official (state) language: Albanian
Capital: Tirana (895,160 people - 2019)
Five largest cities: Berat: 36,496 people (2011), Burreli: 10,862 (2011), Vlorë: 79,513 (2011), Gjirokastër: 19,836 (2011), Gramsh: 8,440 (2011).
Currency: Albanian Lek
GDP: 15.28 billion USD (2019)
GDP per capita: 5,209 USD (2019)
GDP per capita PPP: 13,962 USD
Annual inflation rate 1.4%
Unemployment rate: 11.9%
Salary: 53,232 ALL/month | 507,971 USD/month.
According to the World Bank's "Doing Business" rating, Albania is ranked 82nd out of 190 countries.
Salaries: 53,232 ALL / month | 507.971 USD / month (Q1/20)
The main industries are perfume and beauty products, food and tobacco products; textiles and clothing; lumber, oil, cement, chemicals, mining, ferrous metals, hydropower.
Exports 25,000 million ALL | 0.239 billion USD (Jul 2020)
Albanian exports structure is represented by the following main commodity groups:
19.3% (556 million USD): Shoes, leggings and the like; their details
13.3% (383 million USD): Mineral fuels, oil and products of their distillation; bituminous substances; mineral waxes
10.9% (316 million USD): Articles of apparel and clothing accessories, not knitted or crocheted
10.4% (300 million USD): Ferrous metals
8.35% (240 million USD): Articles of apparel and clothing accessories, knitted or crocheted
7.17% (206 million USD): Goods not specified by type
2.5% (71 million USD): Aluminum and articles thereof
2.46% (70 million USD): Ores, slag and ash
2.39% (68 million USD): Vegetables and some edible roots and tubers
2.37% (68 million USD): Salt; sulfur; earth and stone; plastering materials, lime and cement
Import - 56000 million ALL | USD 0.534 billion (Jul. 2020)
The Albanian imports is represented by the following main commodity groups:
- 10% (598 million USD): Mineral fuels, oil and products of their distillation; bituminous substances; mineral waxes
- 7.15% (424 million USD): Ground transport vehicles, other than railway or tram rolling stock, and parts and accessories thereof
- 4.15% (246 million USD): Ferrous metals
- 4.06% (241 million USD): Plastics and articles thereof
- 4.03% (239 million USD): Nuclear reactors, boilers, equipment and mechanical devices; their parts
- 3.48% (206 million USD): Electrical machinery and equipment, their parts; sound recording and reproducing equipment, equipment for recording and reproducing television images and sound, their parts and accessories
- 2.74% (163 million USD): Raw hides and skins (excluding natural fur) and dressed leather
- 2.7% (160 million USD): Articles of apparel and clothing accessories, knitted or crocheted
- 2.53% (150 million USD): Articles of iron or steel
Five largest companies in Albania
- Bankers Petroleum: The oil and gas company is in the lead with a turnover of around 484 million Euros.
- Kastrati - another representative of the fuel sector with a turnover of 457 million Euros.
- CEZ Shpërndarje - the turnover of this electricity distribution company in 2019 was 269.3 million Euros.
- Banka Kombëtare Tregtare - this Albanian commercial bank is the largest in terms of assets in the country. Its turnover in 2013 reached 255.5 million Euros.
- KESH - The turnover of the National Energy Corporation of Albania reached to 209.6 million Euros.
- Kurum - The turnover of this metallurgical company was at the level of 176 million Euros.
Four largest banks in Albania
- Bank of Albania (Banka e Shqipёrisё)
- Tirana Bank is the first private bank in Albania. Founded in 1996 to serve private and corporate clients. The bank offers accounts of various formats, several types of loans, including mortgage and overdraft, and payment cards. There is mobile banking.
- United Bank of Albania is an Arab-Albanian Islamic bank headquartered in Tirana. One of its largest shareholders is the Islamic Development Bank. Founded in 1993. The bank offers all forms of lending, finance lease, payment services, money transfers, registration of payment cards and traveller's checks.
- Union Bank was established in 2006 as the second bank with Albanian capital. It has over 30 nation-wide branches in the country. It is active in the field of lending to small and medium-sized businesses, with its own ATM network. All types of financial services are offered to its customers.