31 Aug 2021
The Global Talent Visa is also known as the Global Talent Independent Program (GTI) and is intended for Skilled professionals, with exceptional talent, who can contribute to specific job sectors and help generate multiple new jobs and make a significant economic impact, in Australia.
What are the Future-focused Job Sectors?
The following are the new Sectors of Employment, which will be targeted for the GTI Program:
Eligibility Criteria for the Global Talent Visa
- • Resources
- • Agri-food and AgTech
- • Energy
- • Health Industries
- • Defence, Advanced Manufacturing and Space
- • Circular Economy
- • DigiTech
- • Infrastructure and Tourism
- • Financial Services and FinTech
- • Education
1. Internationally Recognised - prove they are internationally recognised with evidence or a record of outstanding achievements.
a. Record - This is not required to be over a specific period of time as even a single significant achievement has the potential to be recognised as a record.
b. Exceptional and Outstanding Achievements - Exceptional and outstanding achievement is the act of accomplishing something extraordinary that places the individual above the average.
2. Prominent - still regarded as Prominent in their field of expertise.
3. Asset to Australia - provide evidence that they would be an asset to Australia, in their field of expertise. As an asset there must be perceived value in settling in Australia and the benefit must be to the Australian community, eg. the public.
4. Easily Obtain Employment in Australia - have no difficulty obtaining employment in Australia or becoming established in their field of expertise.
5. Nomination - Be Nominated on a completed approved Form 1000, by a prominent Australian with a reputation in your field or by an Australian Organization. The Nominator must be an: a. Citizen of Australia; b. Permanent Resident of Australia; c. Eligible New Zealand citizen; d. Australian organisation with a national reputation in your field.
6. Age - You can apply at any Age, but if you are under 18 years or over 55 years, you must be of exceptional benefit to the Australian community.
7. English Language ability - Applicants must have 'functional English language ability (An average IELTS Test band score of at least 4.5 for each of the 4 test components).
8. Health and Character requirement - undergo medical examination and chest x ray and provide police certificates.
Benefits of the Global Talent Visa
Applicants who have an Approved Global Talent visa are allowed to do all of the following:
VisaConnect's Migration Agents
- • Permanent visa – the program provides permanent residency on grant of the visa
- • Priority processing – complete applications expected to be finalised between 62 Days and 3 months.
- • Work and study anywhere in Australia
- • Enrol in Australia's public health care scheme, Medicare
- • Sponsor your family members to move to Australia
- • Travel to and from Australia for 5 years from the date the Dept of
- Home Affairs grants the visa. After 5 years you must apply for a Resident Return (RRV) visa (subclass 155 or 157) to re-enter Australia as a permanent resident
- • Apply for Australian citizenship, after living in Australia for a number of years
Contact VisaConnect's Migration Agents and Australian Immigration Lawyers for a FREE Global Talent Visa eligibility assessment. If you are eligible, we can provide complete advice and assistance with your Expression of Interest application, Subclass 858 visa application and preparation of supporting documents.
See our web page for more information:
Global Talent Independent Program - Australia