Bangladesh Business Directory & List of Companies
Bangladesh is a state in South Asia located east of India and washed by the Bay of Bengal. Bordered by Myanmar and India.
Bangladesh business directory on Bizpages: here you will find the opportunity to include your company in the listing and start promoting it on the Internet. Our directory offers special tools for promoting your business products, services and publishing news about the activities of your Bangladeshi company. Other tools include managing your online business reputation and working with customer reviews. In addition, our users can start a long-term program of promotion, search engine optimization and imrovement of their corporate website.
ADD BUISNESS NOW,
see all benefits from listing
Total Area: 147,570 km².
Population: 171,268,216 (2020)
Ethnic composition of the population: The vast majority of the people of Bangladesh are ethnic Bengalis: 98% of the population. The rest are mainly bihari and indigenous tribal groups.
State language: The official and de facto state language of Bangladesh is Modern Standard Bengali.
Features: the country has access to the sea.
Capital city: Dhaka, with a population of 9,724,976 (2005) and the suburbs add to 16.6 million (2008). The city was founded in the 7th century.
Five largest cities in Bangladesh
Economy. As per the first quarter of 2019, Bangladesh was the seventh fastest growing economy in the world with an annual real GDP growth rate of 7.3%. GDP volume: 303 billion USD (2019). GDP annual growth rate: 8.2% (2019), GDP per capita: 1 288 USD (2019), GDP per capita in PPP: 4 754 USD (2019).
Chittagong 3 867 703 people
- Narayanganj 1 490 131
- Khulna 1 435 422
- Gazipur 1 199 215
- Rajshahi 808 414
Annual inflation rate: 5.53% (Jul 2020) Unemployment rate: 4.2% (2019)
According to the World Bank's "Doing Business" rating, Bangladesh is ranked 168th out of 190 countries. Currency: Bangladeshi Taka.
Salary: 13 258 BDT/month | 156 USD/month (2017)
The main sectors of the economy are mining, and manufacturing. The industry employs 11% of the working-age population, and returns 28% of GDP.
Agriculture employs 63% of the working-age population, and provides 19.7% of GDP. Subsistence farming is characteristic. Jute is the main cash crop. The sown area under jute occupies 0.5 million hectares. Tea (57,600 tons) and bananas (900,000 tons) are also grown as industrial crops. The main consumer crop is rice, which is grown in the plains.
Rice harvest in 2005 amounted to about 40 million tons. Other consumer crops include sugarcane (6.7 million tonnes), potatoes (4.8 million tonnes), wheat (approx. 1 million tonnes), corn (356 000 tonnes) and sweet potatoes (311 000 tonnes).
Exports: 197 billion BDT | 2.322 billion USD (Jun 2020)
TOP 10 goods exported from Bangladesh in 2015:
Imports of 335 billion BDT | 3.949 billion USD (Jun 2020)
- 19.2% (USD 6.1 billion): T-shirts, sweatshirts with sleeves and other undershirts, knitted or crocheted
- 18.8% (USD 5.97 billion): Suits, sets, blazers, blazers, trousers, bib and brace overalls, breeches and shorts (excluding swimwear) for men or boys
- 10.6% (USD 3.39 billion): Suits, sets, jackets, blazers, dresses, skirts, skirt-trousers, trousers, overalls with bibs and straps, breeches and shorts (except for swimwear) for women or for girls
- 9.3% (USD 2.95 billion): Sweaters, pullovers, cardigans, vests and similar knitted or crocheted
- 7.32% (USD 2.32 billion): Men's or boys' shirts
- 2.74% (USD 871 million): Suits, sets, jackets, blazers, dresses, skirts, skirts, trousers, overalls with bibs and shoulder straps, breeches and shorts (excluding swimwear) knitted by machine or hand knitted, womens or girls
- 2.5% (USD 794 million): Knitted or crocheted shirts for men or boys
- 1.84% (USD 585 million): Combinations, petticoats, briefs, knickers, nightgowns, pajamas, negligees, bathrobes, dressing gowns and the like, knitted or crocheted, for women or for girls
- 1.77% (USD 563 million): Women's or girls' blouses, shirts and blouses
- 1.66% (USD 529 million): Suits, sets, jackets, blazers, trousers, overalls with bibs and shoulder straps, breeches and shorts (other than swimwear), knitted or crocheted, for men or boys
TOP 10 imported goods to Bangladesh in 2015:
- 9.07% (USD 4.35 billion): Oil and oil products obtained from bituminous minerals, excluding crude; products, not elsewhere specified or included, containing 70% by weight or more of petroleum or petroleum products derived from bituminous minerals, these petroleum products being the main constituents of the preparations; waste oils
- 4.63% (USD 2.22 billion): Cotton fiber, uncombed
- 3.71% (USD 1.78 billion): Palm oil and its fractions, unrefined or refined, but not chemically altered
- 3.66% (USD 1.76 billion): Cotton fabrics containing 85% by weight or more of cotton fibers, with a basis weight not exceeding 200 g/m2
- 3,06% (USD 1.47 billion): Cotton fabrics containing 85% by weight or more cotton fibers, with a basis weight of more than 200 g/m2
- 2.06% (USD 991 million): Wheat and meslin
- 1.98% (USD 953 million): Cotton yarn (excluding sewing thread) containing 85% by weight or more of cotton fibers, not put up for retail sale
- 1.96% (USD 944 million): Soybean oil and its fractions, unrefined or refined, but no change in chemical composition
- 1.78% (856 million US dollars): Other made up clothing accessories; parts of clothing or clothing accessories other than those included in the heading
- 1.75% (USD 844 million): Ships and other floating equipment intended for scrap