South Sudan Business Directory & List of Companies
List your business located in South Soudan to this business directory to start promoting it on the Internet. Display services and goods online, improve online reputation and client reviews/testimonials and motivate customers to leave reviews or video testimonials.
ADD YOUR BUSINESS NOW
see all listing advantages
Capital City and 5 Largest Cities in South Soudan
- Capital City: Juba
- 1. Juba: Juba is the capital and largest city in South Sudan. It serves as the country's political, economic, and cultural center.
- 2. Wau: Wau is the largest city in the western Bahr el Ghazal region and is known for its agricultural activities and diverse population.
- 3. Malakal: Malakal is a major city in the Upper Nile region, situated on the banks of the White Nile River.
- 4. Bentiu: Bentiu is the capital of the Unity State and has played a significant role in the country's recent history.
- 5. Rumbek: Rumbek is the capital of the Lakes State and is known for its cultural heritage and scenic beauty.
South Soudan Economy in Figures
Key Economic Indicators
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP): Approximately .15 billion USD (2020)
- GDP per Capita: Approximately USD (2020)
- Main Economic Activities: Oil production, agriculture, and livestock
- Currency: South Sudanese Pound (SSP)
South Sudan's economy is heavily reliant on oil production, which contributes significantly to government revenue. However, the country faces economic challenges, including poverty, inflation, and infrastructure deficits.
Oil accounts for a substantial portion of South Sudan's GDP and government revenue. The country's oil industry has faced disruptions due to conflicts and international dynamics.
Agriculture is a crucial sector, providing livelihoods for a majority of the population. Key crops include sorghum, maize, and millet.
South Sudan faces challenges related to security, political stability, and the need for economic diversification to reduce its dependence on oil.
The country receives international assistance and support for development and humanitarian needs.
South Sudan engages in trade with neighboring countries, importing various goods and exporting oil and agricultural products.
Ten Top Banks in South Soudan
Bank of South Sudan
The central bank of South Sudan, responsible for monetary policy and financial stability.
Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB)
KCB operates in South Sudan and offers banking services to individuals and businesses.
Equity Bank South Sudan
Equity Bank has a presence in South Sudan, providing financial services and products.
Cooperative Bank of South Sudan
A financial institution offering banking services, including savings and loans.
Buffalo Commercial Bank
Buffalo Commercial Bank provides banking services to customers in South Sudan.
United Bank of Africa (UBA)
UBA operates in South Sudan and offers banking and financial solutions.
I&M Bank South Sudan
I&M Bank provides financial services, including banking and investment options.
Bank of Khartoum (South Sudan)
Bank of Khartoum has a presence in South Sudan, serving customers with banking services.
Commercial Bank of Ethiopia (South Sudan)
A branch of the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia, offering banking services in South Sudan.
Nile Commercial Bank
Nile Commercial Bank provides banking and financial services to customers in South Sudan.