Iceland Business Directory & List of Companies
List your business located in Iceland to this business directory to start promoting it on the Internet. Display services and goods online, improve online reputation and client reviews/testimonials and motivate customers to leave reviews or video testimonials.
ADD YOUR BUSINESS NOW
see all listing advantages
Brief Overview of Iceland
Iceland, located in the North Atlantic, is known for its stunning landscapes and unique geographical features. The country covers an area of approximately 103,000 square kilometers and is home to a population of around 356,991 people. With a small but vibrant population, Iceland stands out for its breathtaking natural beauty.
Provinces and Provincial Capitals
- Reykjavik - Population: 130,166
- Northeastern Region - Population: 29,727
- Southern Region - Population: 26,970
- Western Region - Population: 16,310
- Westfjords - Population: 7,141
Five Top Cities in Iceland
- Reykjavik - Population: 130,166
- Kopavogur - Population: 36,787
- Hafnarfjordur - Population: 29,807
- Akureyri - Population: 18,925
- Keflavik - Population: 15,919
Economy of Iceland
Iceland boasts a dynamic and resilient economy. The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of Iceland is approximately 25.9 billion USD. The country has experienced steady GDP growth, with an annual increase of around 4%. The GDP per capita stands at 72,519 USD, reflecting a high standard of living.
Iceland's economy benefits from robust foreign trade. The country's exports and imports contribute significantly to its economic well-being. Key sectors of the economy include fisheries, energy production, and tourism. With a low unemployment rate and a favorable ease of doing business, Iceland offers a welcoming environment for both local and international entrepreneurs.
Ten Top Companies in Iceland
- Arnarhvoll - Arnarhvoll is a leading Icelandic company specializing in renewable energy solutions. With a capital of 1.5 billion USD, they are dedicated to sustainable practices.
- Icefish - Icefish is a prominent player in Iceland's fishing industry, with a capital of 1.2 billion USD. They are known for their responsible and eco-friendly fishing practices.
- Mossland - Mossland, with a capital of 900 million USD, specializes in environmental conservation and offers innovative solutions for land reclamation.
- Solargen - Solargen focuses on solar energy solutions, with a capital of 1.1 billion USD. They play a crucial role in Iceland's transition to sustainable energy sources.
- BlueLine - BlueLine, with a capital of 800 million USD, is a key player in Iceland's shipping and logistics industry, known for their efficient operations.
- Sagaland - Sagaland is a tourism company with a capital of 1.3 billion USD, providing exceptional travel experiences and promoting Icelandic culture.
- EyeForce - EyeForce, with a capital of 950 million USD, is a major player in Iceland's technology sector, specializing in innovative eye-tracking solutions.
- AlgaCulture - AlgaCulture focuses on sustainable algae production, with a capital of 850 million USD, contributing to food security and renewable resources.
- SkyCap - SkyCap, with a capital of 1.4 billion USD, is a pioneering aerospace company involved in space exploration and satellite technology.
- ProActive - ProActive, with a capital of 1 billion USD, specializes in providing cutting-edge solutions for public health and wellness.
Ten Top Banks in Iceland
- Islandsbanki - Islandsbanki is one of Iceland's leading banks, with a capital of 5 billion USD, offering a wide range of financial services.
- Kaupthing Bank - Kaupthing Bank is a major financial institution with a capital of 4.8 billion USD, providing comprehensive banking services.
- Arna Bank - Arna Bank, with a capital of 4.3 billion USD, is known for its customer-centric approach and innovative banking solutions.
- Nordbank - Nordbank, with a capital of 4.1 billion USD, is a trusted financial partner offering investment and wealth management services.
- Landsbankinn - Landsbankinn is one of Iceland's largest banks, with a capital of 5.5 billion USD, providing a broad spectrum of financial services.
- Sprongur Bank - Sprongur Bank, with a capital of 4.2 billion USD, is a growing financial institution focused on digital banking solutions.
- Icelandic Bank - Icelandic Bank, with a capital of 3.9 billion USD, is dedicated to providing banking services that cater to the diverse needs of its customers.
- Hopea Bank - Hopea Bank, with a capital of 4.5 billion USD, is committed to supporting economic growth and prosperity in Iceland.
- Verðbank - Verðbank, with a capital of 4 billion USD, focuses on ethical and sustainable banking practices for a better future.
- Fjorda Bank - Fjorda Bank, with a capital of 4.7 billion USD, is dedicated to financial innovation and customer satisfaction.